Financial Aid Tips with Chris Mowl
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION REMINDERS FOR NEXT YEAR
The Summer 2017 semester officially kicks off the 2017-2018 academic year for the SCPS Program. I would like to communicate several reminders regarding financial aid application items for both graduate and undergraduate students as we head into the new school year.
- Reminder Emails to be sent March 30th. All current SCPS students who advised they would be seeking financial aid will receive a financial aid reminder email on March 30th from the Financial Aid Office. This email will detail the application items that are required for you and instructions on how to submit them. Application possibilities include the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Employer Assistance Verification Form. Only if your FAFSA was selected for federal verification will tax documents and verification worksheets potentially be required.
- FAFSA Verification. If your FAFSA was selected for verification, you will receive a separate email from the reminder email on what is needed from you to complete federal verification.
- Forms Online. For your convenience, all required forms for financial aid are now available online for you to download and print. The Employer Assistance Verification form is available on both the financial aid webpage and the SCPS website.
- Email Communications. Just a reminder that email is going to be the preferred method of contact with students. It is vital to check your email regularly for updates from our office, or if we are in need of additional information from you to process your financial aid.
- New Online Student Portal Access. I am happy to announce that starting with the 2017-2018 academic year we will be going live with our new online student portal, which will allow you to view and accept your financial aid online. Your first financial aid award letter for the year will be sent to you via U.S. mail, and included with your letter will be instructions on how to set up and access your online account.
If you have further questions regarding financial aid next year, please do not hesitate to contact the Financial Aid Office at 717-361-1404, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christopher L. Mowl
Associate Director of Financial Aid